Thursday 26 June 2014

Day 166: Goodbye Melb!!

The last three months have gone past so quickly, I cannot believe it was that long ago that I arrived here and began living in Melbourne. I only have three months left, I know that still seems like a long time. But in comparison to leaving my family at Heathrow in December with 9 months ahead of me, 3 seems like nothing! I am so excited to start backpacking again, I began to get itchy feet a couple of weeks ago and really want to start being a bit of a tourist again. I have had the most incredible time here and have been the luckiest person to meet some beautiful people who have made me feel so at home and welcomed. I will be back in a couple of months, but until then I need to escape the Melbourne winter. My plan for the next few days is to head up to Sydney with Mollie to see an old friend from school and then on the 1st I fly to Hanoi where I will meet up with Clem! Also Georgia, Rob, Tess and I all went for an amazing breakfast at Short Round this morning, which was a little restaurant in Thornbury I have been wanting to try for ages.


Saying bye to Georgia, one of the girls I lived with, after breakie as I won't be seeing her when I get home, instead she will be in Indonesia where she is building a sculpture for a community. 


Leaving Clem behind at Gooch Street


On the way to the airport with Rob and Tess





Oh heeey Sydney