Friday 21 March 2014

Day 71: Waitomo Glow Worm Caves

Last night we drove up from Lake Taupo to Waitomo, and today we went off black water rafting down the caves. Basically your in a wetsuit in a little black rubber ring and you float down the underground rivers in the caves staring up at the glow worms. It was actually really quite relaxing, even though I hate the thought of being stuck in a cave and I get slightly claustrophobic. But it actually made me forget about my slight dilemma of where I was going to be living when I get to Melbourne, as I still don't have any where to live! The photos are also not that great seeing as it was pretty dark in there and the go pro didn't really pick up any of the pictures- so if your interested just google Waitomo Glow Worm caves and I'm sure some picture will come up of the worms we saw!


Our seriously attractive attire


Clemmie was loving it