Thursday 10 April 2014

Day 90: Melbourne!

So on the 31st March we flew into Melbourne, which is where I will be for the next few months. So far its all going pretty well, the suburb I live (Thornbury) in is just north of the centre and the people I'm living with are all so lovely. Also there is the most incredible Greek/Italian food market about 5 minute walk away, so I can now actually eat some proper food rather than pot noodle (basically what we ate for a month in NZ). Also, we have won both our first and second round matches at the hockey club I play for (MCC). The first one was on Saturday 5th and it was about 24 degrees (not ideal) and I was rather unfit (but surprised myself that I was actually able to stay on for as long as I did), anyway it was again Doncaster and we beat them 2-0. The next round was this Tuesday where we played at the state hockey centre in the pouring rain and came back from 2-0 down to win 7-2 again Footscray. Yesterday, Clem and I had a wander around the CBD and came across loads of little streets bursting with cafes and restaurants and other little tucked away places. Also I have this amazing blue beach cruiser bike which I cycle around everywhere on!



The beach cruiser


500g wasabi peas, completely addicted to these!


breakfast













Minion cakes are everywhere!


My favourite flowers